Terms and Conditions
When you make an online or offline booking with GoRoadtrip this means you are accepting the terms and conditions of GoRoadtrip. It is important to carefully read these terms and conditions before you make a booking with GoRoadtrip. These terms and conditions are translated from its original Dutch version. This is just a translation. The original Dutch terms and conditions apply.
GoRoadtrip Auto- en Busverhuur B.V.
3439 ME Nieuwegein
Phone: (+31) 85 004 33 24
Chamber of commerce number: 75028603
VAT number: NL853536521B01
It is not permitted to copy, reproduce or publish content on the website or brochures of GoRoadtrip by means of print, photocopy, microfilm or any other method without the prior written permission of GoRoadtrip.
Definition of terms
The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
- Vehicle: the vehicle or other item that is the subject of the rent;
- Renter: the natural person who has concluded the rent in the exercise of a profession or business or the legal person or partnership who, as a renter, concludes the rent;
- Lessor: the natural person, legal person or partnership that concludes the rent as a lessor;
- Damage to the lessor: the financial loss that the lessor suffers directly or indirectly as a result of:
damageincluding a condition of the vehicle or parts thereof that does not match normal wear and tear) or loss of the vehicle or of accessories or parts thereof, or of another property of the lessor. This damage includes the costs of replacing the vehicle, the loss of rental income and the costs of investigation in the event of the vehicle being lost;
with or by the vehicle inflicted damage to a person or property, for which the lessor, the registration holder or the liability insurer of the vehicle is liable;
- Driver: the actual driver of the vehicle;
- Deregistration: form of returning the vehicle at a location other than that of the lessor whereby the renter indicates where and when the vehicle can be collected by the lessor.
Article 1 – Applicability
These Terms and Conditions apply to all contracts for the rental and rental of vehicles, including any accessories that are concluded between the lessor and the renter. Your own terms and conditions do not apply. In the event of a conflict in the various documents, the following ranking applies: (i) Rental agreement (ii) Terms and Conditions.
Article 2 – The offer
- Lessor makes an offer in writing or verbally at the renter’s choice.
- The offer is irrevocable for 14 days except in the case of insufficient availability.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the rental period, the rental sum and the possible additional cost elements. The amount of the deductible, the possible surrender option of the deductible and any deposit or other method of guarantee is also stated.
- The offer states the method of payment and the method of guarantee.
Article 3 – Determination of the rent and the duration of the rent
- The rental agreement is established by acceptance of the offer. An oral agreement must be confirmed in writing by the lessor.
- If a price change occurs within three months after the conclusion of the agreement, it will not affect the agreed price. The renter is entitled to terminate the agreement if the price is increased after three months after the conclusion of the agreement but before the rental period has commenced, unless the agreement stipulates that the rental period will commence later than three months after the agreement.
- The second paragraph does not apply to price changes resulting from the law such as those with regard to VAT.
- The rental agreement is entered into for the period and the rate as stated on the rental agreement or otherwise agreed in writing. If no end date is stated on the rent, the vehicle is deemed to be rented for a period of 30 days. After this period has expired, the rental period will be extended by 30 days each time, unless the renter has returned the vehicle to the lessor.
- Only after permission has been granted by the lessor is the renter allowed to return the vehicle at a time outside the opening hours of the lessor. In that case, the renter remains liable for all damage caused until the time when the renter actually received and inspected the vehicle or had it inspected.
- The number of kilometers driven is determined on the basis of the odometer. If the odometer fails, it must be reported immediately to the lessor. The number of kilometers driven after the occurrence of a defect on the odometer is determined in the most appropriate manner.
Article 4 – Extension of the rental period
- The renter is obliged to return the vehicle at the latest on the day and at the time as stated in the rental agreement to the address stated in the rental agreement, unless an extension of the rental period has previously been agreed.
- The vehicle may only be returned with the permission of the lessor other than the agreed time and / or made available at another location.
- Agreements about earlier return of the vehicle within the agreed rental period are without obligation.
Article 5 – Costs associated with the use of the vehicle
- Additional costs: roadworthiness costs, collection and delivery costs, recovery costs and contract costs can be charged, as well as cleaning costs and costs for removing raw materials for and waste from narcotic drugs (or these products themselves) from the vehicle and for removing these substances. Always plussed with a minimum administration costs of € 25 (incl. VAT).
- Costs associated with the use of the vehicle: during the rental period the costs associated with the use of the vehicle, such as tolls, kilometer charges, costs for a Eurovignette / environmental sticker, costs from decisions resulting from a violation, have been increased for the account of the renter. Always plussed with administration costs of € 15 (incl. VAT).
Article 6 – Exceeding the rental period.
- If the vehicle has not been returned in the agreed manner after the possible extended rental agreement has expired, the lessor is entitled to immediately take back the vehicle. The obligations of the renter arising from this agreement remain in force until the moment that the vehicle is in the possession of the renter again.
- If the renter has not returned the vehicle on time, the renter is entitled to charge the renter 20% of the daily rental price for each hour that the rental period is exceeded. After being exceeded by 5 hours, the daily rental price can be charged up to 1½ times a day, without prejudice to the renter’s obligation to compensate the lessor for damage suffered and to be suffered.
Article 7 – Cancellation
Cancellation is only possible by e-mail. Cancellations outside office hours are processed on the following (weekday) day. You can cancel free of charge up to 24 hours (1 business day) before departure. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the reservation, we cannot refund any money.
Article 8 – Payment
- The standard own risk for our passenger cars and vans is € 850 per claim. The own risk may be reduced to € 325 per claim against payment of € 11 (incl. VAT) per day per vehicle. The standard own risk for our camper vans is € 1.500 per claim and cannot be lowered. The (part of the) own risk will be charged for every non-recoverable damage.
- The own risk for extras is € 150 per claim.
- The renter pays a deposit of € 500 per rented passenger van. The renter pays a deposit of € 1000 per rented camper.
- The deposit is returned with settlement of the outstanding costs as soon as the vehicle is returned, unless there is damage from the lessor. In the event of damage to the lessor, the deposit will be returned insofar as it exceeds the amount for which the renter is liable. This return will take place as soon as it is clear that such an excess has occurred. If there is only damage to the vehicle, the return will in any case take place within 2 months; if there is (also) damage to third parties, within 9 months.
- The lessor is at all times, both when entering into the lease and in the event of an extension thereof, entitled to demand payment security or an order for payment by credit card from the renter. Such authorization is irrevocable.
- Upon entering into a reservation, the renter must make a deposit of 20% of the rent, unless agreed otherwise. The remaining amount including any deposit must be received no later than 7 days before the first booking day. If the renter does not pay on time, he is in default by operation of law without being required to give notice of default. From the date of default, the renter owes the legal interest on the outstanding amount, plus 2% on an annual basis, with part of a month counting as a month.
- If the renter also fails to pay the amount owed even after a demand, he is furthermore obliged to reimburse collection costs. Collection costs are understood to mean all costs incurred by the lessor in and out of court for the collection of the amount due. The amount of these costs is subject to (legal) limits. This can be deviated from for the benefit of the renter.
Article 9 – Use of the vehicle
- The renter must handle the vehicle with care and ensure that the vehicle is used for its purpose.
- From the moment you receive the vehicle you are responsible for the vehicle and its use.
- The renter is obliged to return the vehicle to the lessor in its original state. The renter is obliged to undo changes and additions made by him or on his behalf; the renter cannot claim any right to compensation in this regard.
- The renter is required to adequately secure the vehicle’s load.
- A maximum of 4 drivers per rental period applies per camper van. A maximum of 9 drivers are allowed per rental period for a passenger van.
- The renter must ensure that all drivers have the authority and the physical and mental condition required for driving the vehicle in all countries that he visits.
- The renter is not permitted, except with the written permission of the lessor, to re-let the vehicle or to give it to another person for use.
- The renter is not permitted to commit the lessor to third parties or to create the appearance of this.
- If the vehicle loses control of the renter, he must immediately inform the lessor.
- The renter is not permitted to take hitchhikers or animals into the vehicle, to use the vehicle for driving lessons or to conduct competitions, speed, driving skills or reliability tests with the vehicle. The possible damage is fully at the expense of the renter.
- During the time that the renter has the vehicle at his disposal, the costs of using the vehicle are for example but not exclusively, motor fuel, storage, washing and tire repair, at the expense of the renter.
- The renter is obliged to return the car clean. Failure to comply with this obligation may result in a cleaning fee, with a minimum of € 25 (incl. VAT).
- The renter is obliged to return the vehicle filled up and to show the receipt of the last refueling to the lessor. In the event of non-compliance with this obligation, the tank costs plus administration costs of € 25 (incl. VAT) will be charged. The fuel is not included in the rent.
- The renter must install aids such as snow chains and brake hoses in the correct manner. The possible damage is at the expense of the renter.
- The renter must refuel with fuel suitable for the vehicle. The possible damage caused by the use of unsuitable fuel is at the expense of the renter.
- In the event of damage or defects to the vehicle, the renter is not permitted to use the vehicle if this can lead to aggravation of the damage or defects, or to a reduction in road safety.
- In the event of any event that may result in damage, the renter is obliged:
- immediately inform the lessor of this by telephone;
- to follow the lessor’s instructions;
- in the event of a traffic accident: to alert the police on the spot;
- provide solicited and unsolicited all information and all documents relating to the event to the lessor or his insurer or to third parties engaged;
- in the event of a damage event, a claim or collision form must always be completed and returned when the vehicle is returned. If you do not report and / or if you do not submit a fully completed damage or collision form, the total repair costs of the damage will be charged;
- refrain from acknowledging guilt in any form;
- do not leave the vehicle without properly protecting it against the risk of damage or loss;
- provide the lessor and persons designated by the lessor with all requested cooperation in order to obtain compensation from third parties or to defend against claims from third parties.
- in the event of theft or misappropriation of the rented vehicle, the car keys must be returned within the agreed rental period. If the renter does not return, you are liable for the current value of the rented object.
- The renter is obliged to impose the obligations and prohibitions of this article on the driver, passengers and other users of the vehicle and to monitor compliance with this.
Article 10 – Liability of the renter for damage
- In the event of damage by the lessor, the renter is liable for each claim up to the deductible stated on the lease. The standard own risk for our passenger cars and vans is € 850 per claim. The own risk may be reduced to € 325 per claim against payment of € 11 (incl. VAT) per day per vehicle. The standard own risk for our camper vans is € 1.500 per claim and cannot be lowered. The (part of the) own risk will be charged for every non-recoverable damage.
- The own risk for additional options is € 150 per claim.
- If, however, the damage arises as a result of acts or omissions in violation of Article 9, the renter is fully liable for damage suffered by the lessor, unless he proves that this act or omission is not attributable to him or full compensation according to the standards of reasonableness and fairness would be unacceptable.
- In the event of damage to the vehicle abroad, the costs of repatriating the vehicle will be borne by the lessor, unless the third paragraph of this article applies.
- If the vehicle is returned with the lessor’s permission outside the opening hours of the lessor and / or is made available for collection by the lessor for collection by the lessor, the renter remains in accordance with the first or second member liable for damage caused by the lessor up to the time when the lessor actually inspected the vehicle or had it inspected. In the situations mentioned here, the lessor will inspect the vehicle at the first opportunity and will inform the renter if damage has been found.
- For damage caused by the lessor that consists of property damage as a result of the person or good damage caused by or with the vehicle, for which the lessor, the registration holder or the liability insurer of the vehicle is liable towards third parties, the provisions of the third paragraph of this article only if there is no coverage under the conditions of the WAM insurance contract.
- If no damage description of the vehicle and / or rented additional option has been drawn up between the parties, the renter is assumed to have received the vehicle and / or rented additional option in an undamaged condition.
- The renter is liable for all damage, including window and tire damage, that has arisen as a result of any event during the rental period or otherwise related to the rental of the vehicle and / or rented extra option, with due observance of the following.
- The renter is responsible for regular checking of the technical condition of the vehicle, including oil & coolant level, tire pressure, wheel change due to a flat tire and charging of an empty battery.
- The renter is liable for the behavior and negligence of the driver, passengers and other users of the vehicle, even if they did not have the consent of the renter.
- If an excess is agreed in the lease, the liability of the renter for damage per claim is limited to the amount of the excess unless:
- the damage occurred during or as a result of acts or omissions in violation of Article 9;
- the damage has arisen as a result of the use of the unpaved terrain of the vehicle, or use of the vehicle on terrain for which the vehicle is apparently unsuitable, or for which the renter or driver has been informed that entry is at your own risk;
- the damage has arisen with the approval of, or through intent or gross negligence on the part of the renter;
- the vehicle has been re-rented to a third party, even if the lessor has consented thereto;
- it concerns damage as a result of any disadvantage caused by or with the vehicle to third parties, and the Legal Liability Insurance that violates any provision of the policy conditions;
- the damage was caused by the vehicle being lost and / or the car keys associated with the vehicle or the operation (for example but not exclusively the registration certificate and border documents) were not all returned to the lessor;
- the damage is the result of the realization of the danger associated with the transport, storage, loading and unloading of dangerous, explosive, flammable, oxidizing or toxic substances.
- If a payment is made to the lessor or to a third party under an insurance contract that the lessor is obliged or not obliged to take out against the risk of hull damage or against the risk of civil liability, this does not affect the renter’s liability.
- If the damage is the result of any disadvantage caused by or by the vehicle, the extent thereof is determined in advance on the amount of the compensation provided to the directly injured person.
Article 11 – Repair of the vehicle
- The renter is obliged to pay the costs of minor repairs, unless these have become necessary due to the lessor’s failure to fulfill his obligation to remedy defects.
- Repairs must be carried out in one of the garages designated by the lessor. If that is not reasonably possible, the work must be carried out by a garage company that belongs to the dealer network of the importer of the brand in question. The renter must obtain the lessor’s permission before offering the vehicle for repairs.
- At the first request of the lessor the renter shall offer the vehicle for periodic inspection or inspection.
Article 12 – Defects to the vehicle and liability of the lessor
- A shortcoming of the vehicle that is not related to careless maintenance cannot be considered a defect between the parties.
- The lessor is only obliged to remedy defects if he knew or should have known these defects when entering into the lease, this is reasonably possible and this does not reasonably require any expenses from the lessor in the given circumstances.
- In the event of defects, the renter is only entitled to a reduction in the rent if the lessor knew or should have known the defects when entering into the lease and if the defect justifies the reduction of the rent.
- The lessor is only liable for damage as a result of defects if he knew or should have known the defects when entering into the lease.
- In the event of dissolution, or partial dissolution, of the rental agreement due to the vehicle being unable to deliver or not being delivered in time, caused by a defect in the vehicle, due to force majeure or circumstances beyond the control of the lessor, as a result of which the vehicle can no longer be attributed to it the destination can be used, the lessor will refund the rent paid in full or in part to the renter.
Article 13 – Assistance
- Lessor has provided all vehicles with 24/7 breakdown assistance. Costs for repair and repair are at the expense of the lessor unless damage has arisen as a result of acts or omissions in violation of article 9.
When traveling outside the Netherlands, we recommend that you take out travel insurance and that you are in possession of a credit card.
- Costs that are related to the calamity and / or breakdown of the vehicle but that are not directly related to the car, such as hotel costs, telephone costs and dinner costs, must be recovered from your own travel insurance.
- It may happen that the renter has to advance repair costs abroad. These costs can, if they are eligible for reimbursement, be declared at GoRoadtrip. Invoices must be provided with the original invoices.
Article 14 – Sanctions and measures imposed by the government
The renter is responsible for all sanctions and consequences of measures imposed by the government in connection with the availability or use of the vehicle, unless these are related to a defect that was already present at the start of the lease. If these sanctions and measures are imposed on the lessor, the renter is obliged to indemnify the lessor at his first request, whereby the renter additionally owes the costs of collection in and out of court, with a minimum of € 121 (incl. VAT). If the lessor provides information to the authorities in connection with any behavior or omission of the renter, for example but not exclusively a traffic violation, the renter is obliged to reimburse the associated costs, with administration costs of € 15 (incl. VAT).
Article 15 – Attachment to the vehicle
In the event of administrative, civil or criminal seizure of the vehicle, the renter remains obliged to fulfill the obligations of the rental agreement, including those for payment of the rental price including surcharges, until the moment when the vehicle is again free of seizures. of the lessor. The renter is obliged to compensate the lessor for all costs arising from the seizure if the cause of the seizure of the vehicle lies with the renter.
Article 16 – Termination of the rent
The lessor is entitled to terminate the rental agreement without notice of default or judicial intervention and to return to possession of the vehicle, without prejudice to his right to reimbursement of costs, damages and interest, if it appears that the renter during the rental period one or more of the obligations of the tenancy agreement does not, not timely or not fully comply or will comply, if the renter dies, is placed under guardianship, he applies for a moratorium, he is declared bankrupt, the Natural Persons Debt Restructuring Act is declared applicable to him , he relocates his place of residence or seat abroad, the vehicle is seized, or if during the rental period the lessor becomes aware of the existence of circumstances that are of such a nature that true lessor was aware of this, he did not accept the lease was contracted. The renter shall fully cooperate with the lessor in order to be returned to the possession of the vehicle. The lessor is not liable for damage that is the result of the termination of the lease.
Article 17 – Liability of the renter for the conduct or negligence of others
The renter is liable for the conduct and negligence of the driver, passengers and other users of the vehicle, even if they did not have the renter’s consent.
Article 18 – Processing of personal data of the renter and the driver
The personal data stated on the contract are processed by the lessor as responsible person within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG) in a personal registration. On the basis of this processing, the lessor can implement article 13 of these terms and conditions, execute the agreement, give the renter or driver optimum service and up-to-date product information and the renter or driver can make personalized offers. The personal data can also be passed on to bailiffs in the event of refueling without payment. Rental cars can be equipped with track & trace equipment. The renter and driver may request inspection and correction with regard to the processed personal data and may lodge an objection.
Article 19 – Applicable law
The rental agreement is always governed by Dutch law.
Article 20 – Internet reservation
An internet reservation via the website is not directly binding. The lessor will have to check whether the desired rental vehicle is available. The lessor will then send a confirmation or cancellation binding on the renter no later than the next working day. The lessor also reserves the right at all times not to spend the rented vehicle. If the lessor does not have the desired rental car or van available, the rent paid will be refunded immediately.